#puffy #swollen #inflammation These are not ideal hashtags you want to attach to your latest poolside selfie. So how does a busy Angeleno avoid the pitfalls of too little sleep, too much caffeine, and not enough detoxifying nutrients? Grotto de Sal, obviously.
Reducing inflammation is just one of the many benefits of participating in our state-of-the-art healing treatments. First, let’s understand the leading causes of inflammation.
Inflammation is a biological response of tissue and cells to injury and cellular damage, and acts as a protective attempt by the body to remove the injurious stimuli and to initiate the healing process. The problem is that the receptors involved in pain are also present in inflammation; their activation causes the inflammatory reaction. These chemical signals released by damaged cells result in dilation of blood vessels, accumulation of white blood cells, warming of tissue and swelling. Cryotherapy combats their response by constricting the blood vessels, thus decreasing inflammation.
The Top 5 Reasons for Inflammation are:
- Injury – The body uses inflammation to protect itself and eliminate harmful toxins by bringing them to the surface. Sports, accidents, and bumping into things are two of the biggest culprits.
- Toxins – Non-degradable pathogens in the air. Hello, smog!
- Infections – Viruses and foreign bodies affecting the nervous system. Flu season, anyone?
- Obesity – Carrying too much weight on the body. Gulp!
- Autoimmune Diseases – The body attempts to heal itself, resulting in inflammation. Thanks, body!
These looks are no way to get stopped by the paparazzi. How about trying out one of Grotto de Sal’s many upscale treatments to soothe that skin. Here are some remedies to calm down inflammation and soften skin.
The Top 3 Solutions for Inflammation at Grotto de Sal:
- Cryotherapy –A hyper-cooling process, cryotherapy, offered at luxurious day spa Grotto de Sal in Los Angeles, lowers a person’s skin temperature to approximately 30° F for a period of up to three minutes with the cryochamber set at an extreme cold air temperature of -133°F to -320° Athletes like Kobe Bryant and singers like Ashanti are enjoying the many benefits of cryotherapy. In fact, Ashanti just visited our spa the other day.
- Dead Sea Salt Floating Pools – These floating pools provide minerals like sodium, potassium, magnesium, calcium, and other minerals, to restore and regenerate your aching body, particularly those experiencing inflammation. As concentrated as the Dead Sea itself, Dead Sea Salt floating pools deeply penetrate the skin and soothe the body, relieving stiffness and healing the skin, allowing muscles to relax, and our bodies to recuperate.
- Infrared Saunas (up to 160°F) – Detox and release toxins as you cleanse the body. Infrared saunas increase metabolism, relieve muscle pain, improve the immune system, ease joint and muscle stiffness, and improve skin. What’s not to love?! Far infrared waves penetrate deep into our body for a deep heating action, which allows for the body to activate the sweat glands. The sweat glands offer one of only a few mechanisms that the body has to eliminate toxins and since the skin is the largest organ in the human body.
Promoting better health, preventing chronic disease, and reducing pain associated with inflammation in the body, Grotto de Sal knows how to help heal you using state-of-the-art technology. Let the healing begin!